Sunday 29 January 2012

Not your Average Mom Sweater

Winter in Toronto always presents a challenge; being chic whilst being warm, it's no easy task. Enter the oversized sweater. A way back play back from the 80's, the oversized sweater has become an It Piece for cozy winter fashion, a couple years running. Whether it be vintage, your boyfriend's or Dad's stolen Holt Renfrew Light Blue Cashmere sweater (perhaps I am guilty of this one), or in this case, a sweater from a 'Mom Store' which didn't carry small enough size. This post features my newest oversized sweater, which I bought too big specifically so I could wear it over leggings. I paired this sweater with simple jewelry, pearls and a basic bracelet, so I wouldn't overwhelm my smaller frame with too much going on. The beautiful thing about oversized sweaters is that they are perfect for those casual movie nights or for me as a student, the long days and nights spent in the library. Insert the oversized sweater and leggings whenever you would wear sweats; just as comfy and warm but a million times more chic. Enjoy and stay warm!



Sweater: Cassis, Bracelet: Vintage Gucci

- M

3 comments:

  1. I love the color of your oversized sweater. It looks great on you.

    Please check out my first giveaway. I hope you can join: http://www.teodoraslookbook.com/2012/01/my-first-giveaway.html

    Teodora
    teodoraslookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this jumper!!
    Greetings from Spain!
    xoxo
    M.

    ReplyDelete