Wednesday 19 September 2012

Berlin - Poor But Sexy

As my previous post states, I spent most of the summer in Berlin studying Political Science at Humbolt University. It was incredible, not only because I was spending my summer in a foreign country exploring and partying, but also because the course which I studying was incredible. I go to The University of Toronto, the largest school in Canada which means my class sizes are huge and your profs don't really care very much about you. UofT is also known for being very technical and not hands-on, however my course, with 20 people an incredible prof, and the hands-on aspect, made it completely different to any course I've ever taken. The amazing thing about the course is that we were studying current issues within the city and country at large. This meant we learned things which our textbook and even profs could never teach us, just by meeting locals and talking to them. The most enriching lesson I ever had was coming back from my day trip to Hamburg on the train where I was sitting next to a young woman who spoke to great lengths about what I was learning. That is something no UofT classroom could provide. Here are some of my favourite experiences, shots and outfits from Berlin.
Enjoy xo

Foyer of The German Historical Museum

Jean Jacket: Guess, Printed Top: Local German Designers name Unknown, White Jeans: Guess, Sandals: Nine West, Purse: Coach

Berlin Nightfall - TV Tower
Blazer: Wilfred, Lace Top: Talula, Jeans: Current/Elliot, Navy Boots: Vintage

Old Remnants of The Wall

Jacket: Costa Blanca, Button-up: Marciano, White Tank: T. Babaton, Leggings: Calvin Klein

Viktoria Park at Sunset
The World Is Yours, Save It

The Reichstag

Floral Skirt: Vintage, Striped Top: The Gap, Necklace: Vintage, Sunglasses: Guess

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment