Wednesday 7 November 2012

Collar Play

I am in love with the super preppy, super chic trend of collars. I also am in love with the new sweater season! Here I combined both to make a preppy yet casual outfit to wear to school on a day with 9am class. Collars everywhere, on necklaces, added to basic tees and of course as layered pieces under sweaters of all types. Here is just one take on the trend, a basic, causal way of adding a bit of preppy chic to an otherwise basic long sweater and legging outfit. It is simple details as this which take a regular basic outfit to something more. As a student who also now works, I am incredibly busy and need to be comfortable for my long days of school, studying and work. Which is why I am immediately drawn to trends as such! Plus in Toronto, it's getting pretty chilly so you can always use an extra layer! I usually don't wear a belt with this sweater but because of the extra volume from the added layer of the blouse, I needed to define my waist to avoid looking like a large sack of potatoes! lol. I also added a pop of colour in my earrings because even though it's fall with winter fast approaching doesn't mean colour shouldn't be present. I will definitely be posting another take on the trend, but a dresser version of it. Try the trend out and let me know what you think! Enjoy xo.



Sweater: Gap, Leggings: American Apparel, Blouse: Talula, Earrings: Aldo, Necklace: Tiffany & Co.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment