Monday 22 October 2012

Beauty Hit List

Makeup and beauty products are basically fashion's little sister. They are one and the other and makeup can often complete the look, whether it be a subtle lip or bold lashes and a serious pop of colour. Because I consider fashion to be art you wear, I also apply the same to makeup, but on one's face. Because I love making lists and I haven't had time to pull out my camera in a while, here's a list of some must-try items that I've used over the years and have LOVED. Try some, let me know what you think & enjoy!


  • Benetint by Benefit
  • Miss Popularity by Benefit (this actually may be discontinued but it is the best purchase I have ever made)
  • Russian Red Lipstick by MAC
  • Orgasm by Smashbox
  • Hypnose Doll Lash Mascara by Lancome
  • Burts Bees lip-balm
  • Jaqua Buttercream Frosting Lotion
  • Jaqua Pumpkin Spice Face Mask (perfect for fall!)
  • Chanel no. 5 (my perfume since I was 16 years old - it's a true classic)
  • Mistress Champagne Hand Lotion by Butter London
  • Shellac - this is a nail colour which lasts up to 2 weeks. If you haven't tried it, go to your closest spa ASAP 
  • "Take a picture .. it lasts longer" silk glimmery body balm by Benefit
  • Hello Flawless Powered Foundations by Benefit
  • Smokin Eyes Brow and Eye Kit by Benefit
  • Philosophy 3 in 1 Shampoo, Body Wash and Bubble Bath (this comes in every scent you could ever imagine. Some of my favourites: Cinnamon Bun, Birthday Cake, Green Apple and Peach)
  • Cover FX Cream Concealar 
... It seems as if most of these items are by Benefit. I must say I am a huge fan. I have tried many companies including MAC, Clinique, Lancome, Dior and more! Although I find myself usually going back to them, until recently when I started going completely cruelty-free with all my beauty and makeup products. Here are some amazing brands if you want to do the easy switch!!!

  • Cover FX 
  • LUSH
  • Smashbox
  • Butter London
  • Too Faced
  • Live Clean
- M

2 comments: